YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 3 August 2014

Slimming world.

Hi,


   So I have been suspiciously quiet blog wise for quite a while now and this is due only to the fact that I haven't had a phone for over a month. My phone is my only source of a camera and it would be difficult to review anything without photos and I dislike using stock photos!

   Anyway on to the point of this post! For the last month now I have been quietly embarking on Slimming World. I'm proud to be a bigger lady and I'm not ashamed of who I am, however I have started to notice the beginnings of some health problems with I can only link with being obese and I feel it is time to do something about it. For me the starting point was seeing a picture of me when I was younger looking much healthier and I miss that. Also I'm looking towards the future and want to have a good foundation to work with if I decide to have children and so on and it makes sense to fix things now before I move on with life.

  It took me a really long time to build up the courage to actually go to a meeting and I said I was going to go many times before taking the plunge. But honestly I have not regretted it since, my group is lovely and supportive and I don't feel judged there.

I have lost 8.5 pounds in four weeks and last week I got the 'Slimmer of the Month' award!


I'm not saying it's easy, I have to exercise a lot of willpower and yesterday I cried because I couldn't eat the food that was bought for lunch. As someone who likes to plan and know what they're doing it's a big upheaval for me to be able to adapt and say no to things that used to be in my routine food wise, but I'm getting there :)

I don't plan to make regular updates about how much I have lost etc, apart from maybe when I get to the bigger milestones, but there's a little update on something I have been doing ^_^

Has anyone else been doing slimming world? Any good recipes or snacks.....Im always on the lookout!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment