YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 17 January 2014

All about the hair.

**Advanced warning, this post contains a lot of pictures of my face,I get a bit snap happy when Im happy with my hair ;) **

I'm a gal who loves her hair! I try my best to take care of it, although we have had a few moments where I thought it would be ruined forever. My hair is black and dead straight, if you curl it it will fall out within 20 minutes, even with a good hair spray! I used to hate that but I have come to terms with it now and force it to play nice!

At the moment my hair is halfway down my back in length, I don't have a fringe which is unusual for me, but more about why in a minute. It is also dip dyed purple, although that has faded to a sort of pinky gingery colour. I am thinking about dying it again but I think I would have to bleach the ends which I'm slightly apprehensive about.

My hair on a normal day:


My most recent hair colour:


When I was younger I had short hair:

I think I was about 20 in this photo, so almost 7 years ago! When I was even younger my hair was very short at the back, you could spike it.

Then as I got older I didn't have enough money for haircuts anymore, well I did but I have other stuff to spend it on, hence why my hair went from above to what it's like now! But I'm happy I did it because it looks much better longer!

Last year I decided to bleach the underside of my hair, I also bleached one side of the underneath nearly up to my scalp. I hope I explained it right! I think decided to dye it a greeny/blue colour.

This was the result:


I looooved this colour so much, it looked awesome because I could have my hair down and you wouldnt see the green but when it was up you could see the colour. My family HATED it! I got some really bad comments from people at uni too (although they didn't say it to my face!) But I also got a lot of compliments about it and I loved it so there!

When the green had been washed out I then decided to dye it pink on the underside, people seemed to like this a lot better :p

In this picture my hair is curled, its one of the only times I wore it down whilst curled because they dropped out before I arrived at where I was going!

Why don't I have a fringe? I used to have one all the time, but I love doing a quiff/roll with the front of my hair and I found a fringe limited my styles. However I plan on cutting one back in in the future.
I'm a big bandana lover.....I love retro hair so much and you will usually see me with victory rolls, a big quiff and a bandana. I also love a high bun, I have a sponge donut thing that is a life saver, because my hair is fine it takes a lot to get it volume so I have to back comb it to death, the donut helps a lot!


I dressed up as a sugar skull for Halloween and decided to wear my hair down but have a big roll at the front and a fabric flower. I love the way it looks, it's one my favourite photos ever. I managed to get my hair looking just the way I wanted it to and it held for hours.

 This last photo probably shows off my hair the best out of any other, it was taken as I was looking out to sea and I think it's a pretty awesome photo ^_^



I hope you enjoyed learning all about my hair journeys! I plan to do some hair tutorials, if you have one you would like to see done or tell me about your hair do's and disasters, post in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment